Value of Right Focus | Michael - Local CR Leader

Earlier this week, I drove by a really nice car. It was very expensive. It had a cool paint job and was way more than I could afford! However, there was one interesting thing about this car, it had a flat tire. In fact, before I got close to the car, I thought, “Oh man, there's an old junker car broken down on the side of the road” but as I got closer I realized it was a very nice car. But it couldn't go anywhere. 

It made me think about my recovery. 

Sometimes I can get so focused on what I look like on the outside, I forget to really focus on what is going on inside my heart and my mind. 

It doesn't matter how nice I'm polished on the outside, how much money I make, the kind of house I have, or how many vacations I go on every year. 

If I'm not working on my character, my spiritual development and my recovery, it’s just like that car on the side of the road. It looks great, but it's not really going anywhere. 

Where is your focus today?


Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Darkness....Into the Light! By Patrick McGinnis

Advanced Recovery : A Prelude To Relapse | By Durrell J. - Celebrate Recovery at University Carillon

We're All In | By Pastor Tullian Tchividjian