Weeds Choke Out Life | By Rodney Holmstrom, CR Global Field Director

'Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”’ 1 Corinthians 15:33 NIV

I was pulling weeds out of the beds around the trees in my yard yesterday and noticed how deep their roots can be. At a glance, they were consuming the beauty of the plant that was trying to grow. Once they were removed, the life of the tree was more visible.

Sometimes people, places and things can do the same. If I have the wrong ones around me, they can take me in the wrong direction. They can become weeds that choke out the life growth and make things toxic and mind consuming.

Don Quixote, said, ‘Tell me your company, and I’ll tell you who you are.’

John Maxwell says, ‘You’ll acquire the vices and virtues of your closest associates. The fragrance of their lives will pervade yours.’

I’m personally grateful for the new fragrance of company, places of recovery, health and relationships God has placed around me to help grow, encourage, mold and motivate me as I continue to walk this road to recovery.

Are there any people, places or things in your life that need to be evaluated today? Are there toxic people, things or places around you that are consuming your every thought and actions?

It may be time to go pull some weeds.

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Darkness....Into the Light! By Patrick McGinnis

Advanced Recovery : A Prelude To Relapse | By Durrell J. - Celebrate Recovery at University Carillon

We're All In | By Pastor Tullian Tchividjian