Stepping Out of Denial | Michael - Local CR Leader

"and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭50‬:‭15‬ ‭NIV‬‬

What does stepping out of denial mean to you?

For me, I wish it was a one-time-event. I stepped completely out of denial when I came to CR, right?? Well, unfortunately (and maybe fortunately) stepping out of denial is a life-long process. 

Sometimes my denial is conscious. I know that I’m neglecting a certain area of my life, but because of fear, pride, selfishness, or all the above I refuse to do so. 

Other times my denial is sub-conscious. I may not even realize I’m in denial about some character defect in my life. However, whether denial is conscious or sub-conscious, what is always true and within my control is the choice to ask God to help reveal any denial in my life and then honestly and humbly allow Him to help me deal with it. 

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Darkness....Into the Light! By Patrick McGinnis

Advanced Recovery : A Prelude To Relapse | By Durrell J. - Celebrate Recovery at University Carillon

We're All In | By Pastor Tullian Tchividjian