I Fled Him… | By Pastor Tullian Tchividjian

In his autobiographical work Surprised by Joy, C.S. Lewis tells of his years spent as an atheist. “I had always wanted, above all things, not to be ‘interfered with.’ I had wanted (mad wish) ‘to call my soul my own.’” But God interfered, as Lewis relates: “You must picture me alone in that room…night after night, feeling the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet.”

Francis Thompson also tried to run, as he tells in his poem “The Hound of Heaven,” beginning with these famous lines:

I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind; and in the mist of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter.

Thompson fled, but God, hounding him from heaven, gave “long pursuit”—with “strong Feet that followed, followed after,” and with “a Voice above their beat.”

God’s love has a mugging nature to it.

Thankfully.

And this means that we can never "outsin" the coverage of God's pursuant forgiveness. 


Thankfully. #unconditionallove

 I Fled Him, Down the Nights and Down the Days; The Text of the Hound of  Heaven.: Kezys Algimantas, Francis Thompson, John F. Quinn: 9780829401950:  Amazon.com: Books


 

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Darkness....Into the Light! By Patrick McGinnis

Advanced Recovery : A Prelude To Relapse | By Durrell J. - Celebrate Recovery at University Carillon

We're All In | By Pastor Tullian Tchividjian