Thanking the Others in Our Recovery | By Rodney Holmstrom, Global CR Field Director

We all know that recovery can be difficult but can you imagine doing it without God and the people around you? Talk about desperation. I don’t know about you, but the “others” around me play such an important part of my recovery journey.

In the spirit of thanksgiving, I would like to stop and reflect with you on how grateful I am to God for the people that have been with me through the good, the bad and the ugly.

Henri Nouwen once said;
“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.”

I love that our ministry is full of people who share our pain without trying to fix just like those mentioned in the quote above. Thanks for being these kind of people to me and others showing a tender touch with your listening ears, warm smiles and empathic eyes.

When is the last time you reached out to those people in a phone call or text or even told them face to face how grateful you are for their being that person for you? Take some time to reach out this week. It will not only bless them but will impact your heart as well.


Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Darkness....Into the Light! By Patrick McGinnis

Advanced Recovery : A Prelude To Relapse | By Durrell J. - Celebrate Recovery at University Carillon

We're All In | By Pastor Tullian Tchividjian