The Boat - By Ted Kamena : Arizona / Utah Rep for Celebrate Recovery

The Boat

"My grace is sufficient for all your needs, for my power is made perfect in weakness". 2 Corinthians 12:9

Well into my journey as a CR ministry leader I was facing serious frustration. I turned to God for help and it seemed he wasn't listening. I struggle with my reading skills due to mild dyslexia. This hinders my reading, my comprehension, and retention. This in turn has brought on self-doubt and low self-esteem. 

I prayed often for healing; "Lord, you have obviously called me to lead in Celebrate Recovery, but it seems you haven't given me the tools to do that effectively. I feel like I'm failing when I stumble through reading  lessons, etc."

One morning in my quiet time I read 2 Corinthians 12:9 again. In years of leading CR, I quoted that verse many times without owning it. "My grace is enough, it's all you need." I realized for the first time that morning that God had in fact answered my prayer. He was enough. He was all I needed. He was working through my weakness for His glory.

He has called each of us to accept this wonderful truth. He is enough.


Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Darkness....Into the Light! By Patrick McGinnis

Advanced Recovery : A Prelude To Relapse | By Durrell J. - Celebrate Recovery at University Carillon

We're All In | By Pastor Tullian Tchividjian