Reaping A Harvest - By Rodney Holmstrom, Global CR Field Director

“Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.”
Matthew 9:37 NIV
 
Something I like to takeaway from my quiet time is to pull a morning headline or a central thought that jumps out at me. What is the one nugget from my quiet time that I can walk away with and I can marinate my heart and mind with throughout the day? 
 
Today I was reading in Matthew 9:37 on a familiar passage. I tend to equate this important principle to what we do here at CR every week. A reminder that the harvest is plentiful but it seems like the workers are few. We always need more hands and hearts to carry out what we do at CR. If you aren’t serving in any capacity, can I encourage you to jump in? Even if it’s wiping down tables and stacking chairs, you’ll be glad you did and we will be blessed by your service. But that’s not the main headline I got out of this passage today.
 
Today’s Journal Headline: If you don’t reap, the season will pass.
 
What are the things happening right in front of me, starting with my own family, that I need to remember to not miss the harvest on?
 
A few reminders I’m chewing on today…
 
*Don’t miss the harvests given to me or the appointed times in which to reap them.
*Don’t wait to give the word of hope and salvation to someone hurting or struggling who needs to hear it; maybe a coworker, family member, church family or neighbor?
*Don’t delay in showing my love, or to forgive someone who hurt me, or even to ask to be forgiven.
*Don’t wait to speak out loud the blessings in gratitude to my Father.
*Don’t wait to share the special places of my heart on what I feel about to those around me.
 
Don’t miss the harvest opportunities in front of you this week friends.
Grateful for all of you. Have a great week!


Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Darkness....Into the Light! By Patrick McGinnis

Advanced Recovery : A Prelude To Relapse | By Durrell J. - Celebrate Recovery at University Carillon

We're All In | By Pastor Tullian Tchividjian